Want a light and easy homemade salad dressing recipe? Then you have to try this one!
BTW…since this is really Andreas’ recipe, you will see that there are actual measurements. Because we all know that I don’t measure!
- 2 tbsp oil (either vinegar or vegetable)
- 2 tbsp vinegar (can be apple or white)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup water (or more…see below)
- tsp chopped chives (unless you are not a fan of chives)
- squirt mustard (optional)
Mix the oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper, chives and water.
You may need to add more water dependent on the strength of the vinegar. Best would be to taste and then add accordingly.
You can add a squirt (yes I did say a squirt) of mustard.
Picture represented is with mustard.
You can also substitute the oil with Yogurt (similar to the cucumber salad dressing) if you like. I love both versions.
Some TRICKS of the trade…
- If too salty – add a little more sugar
- If too sweet – add a little more salt
- If too vinegar(y) – add more water
Hope you enjoy!!!
- Cucumber Salad (denisedesigned.com)
- All Recipes (denisedesigned.com)
- 15 Great Summer Salad Recipes (misinformationblog.com)