Happy Birthday Mattais!!
A few days late here, as we have been sick. But better late than never right? I hope so. Man am I a loser mom!!!
I cannot believe it has been a year! His first birthday! And he was sick!
We celebrated with family and friends though. It was a lot of fun! Good food, lot’s of family and friends, great weather. Who could complain!
But a year?!?!?
Originally he was a surprise. I did want him, but at 42?!? I had wanted him earlier. While we know how the birds and bees work, I just did not think it was going to happen. But lo and behold…it did. And I am so blessed that he is ours.
My pregnancy with him was a tough one. And when he entered this world, it was also tough. He was in the NICU for 2 months, but he proved that he is was/is a fighter. As such, he has had a great year and is stronger than I could have ever imagined.
What I can’t get over is how different he is from Emma. I say that, but he and Emma do share a couple of great qualities…
- Always happy and
- Truly a good baby
But the differences…
- When he cries…they are real tears. Emma just used to cry, but with no tears.
- When he laughts…its this bellowing laugh from deep within. Emma laughed all the time, but this cute girly one that most certainly did not come from the stomach.
- He can cry and in the same breath, laugh hysterically. Emma could turn the switch on and off, but not so extreme.
- He is so vocal. Emma loved to make sounds, but he yells at the top of his lungs.
Mattias is just much more emotional than Emma.
Life is good. I am blessed. When I get down, I just have to remember these things about both Mattias and Emma.
So here are the 3 Things I am Grateful for today…
- 2 Beautiful Children who are the love of my life.
- The family I always wanted. A man that loves me and that loves his children more than I ever thought was possible. In fact, I have to pinch myself often because I just can’t believe how much Andreas adores Emma and Mattias.
- That I can provide love and support my family financially.
I am truly blessed.
Pictures to come. I will update this weekend.