I am definitely…not giving up my coffee as there are…
Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee
As I start this new 21 day challenge to lose weight, they say that you should give up the coffee or drink it black. That ain’t happenin!
I love my coffee. And I think I have good reason to love it. There are some documented benefits of drinking coffee, by Authority Nutrition in their 13 Proven Health Benefits of Coffee article, such as…
1. Can Improve Energy Levels and Make you Smarter.
2. Coffee can help you Burn Fat.
And there are several more that they list (11 more to be specific since the articles is entitled 13… Ha!).
In the Health Benefits of Coffee article over at WebMD, they say that studies show that coffee drinkers are
- less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, and dementia
- have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes
So you see…drinking coffee can be good for ya.
Ok…maybe not too great when I fill half the cup with my Italian Sweet Cream that I mentioned above. I wish I could be a black coffee drinker as I could truly take advantage of the benefits. When you add so many calories to it though, I can’t imagine that I receive all the benefits. But I don’t think I can give up that cream. That’s part of the enjoyment…the flavor.
But hey…even if I can’t realize the full benefits due to all the negative value of the cream…Coffee has been proven to help women cut their risk for depression by 15% as stated in the Health Impact News article; Coffee Good for Mental Health and Reduces Suicide Risk, Study Finds. That alone is enough value to me.
Whether you drink coffee or not…I love mine and I definitely don’t plan to give it up.
The 3 Things that I am Grateful for today…
1. Starbucks Coffee. I don’t buy bags of their coffee and brew it at home. No! Sitting in a Starbucks, even while working, is invigorating. The aromas, the people…just awesome.
2. My Italian Sweet Cream Creamer. Yum! ‘Nuf said!
3. My coffee machine rocks! It is one of those automatic brewing machines that brews the best coffee.