Yesterday I highlighted some things that I have uncovered through this process.
How do I respond to them? Well…
- I definitely know what people think of me and how I am viewed by others. That was not a surprise to me at all.
Nothing to really respond to here.
- People think of me as this strong person who has it together. I have created this Persona…one that causes people to not worry or wonder about me and therefore, I don’t have people checking in with me, wondering how I am doing. I feel very alone sometimes….on this island that I have created.
I don’t know that this will ever change and I am not even sure how I could impact any change. There are people that see the vulnerable side of me, but I don’t intentionally let many see that.
- For me, however, I am constantly thinking of others. I reach out often. Now don’t get me wrong…I get busy like the rest of us so I am not always GREAT at it. But the point being, I do get that feeling sometimes that I think of others more than they do of me.
I do just have to focus more on me. I have to learn to be more selfish. It is an innate character trait for me to think of others, but I do have to break that a bit. I don’t have to not think of anyone ever, but just find a better balance. I have been struggling with attempting to do this one for a long time though so not sure I will ever truly get to a good spot, but improvement is improvement. Keep going.
- I allow my confidence to be defined by others rather than by me. When I don’t get the pat on the back or the ‘atta girl, I start to doubt myself.
I have started working on this one. I already see a difference. I think of all the things, in the morning, that I am good at and remind myself of those. Then I think of the things that could potentially make me feel less than perfect for the day and think about how I am going to change them…get ahead of the curve. It seems to be helping! Power on!
- I love the short term or the long term projects that challenge me consistently. When it starts to draw out over time and I don’t feel challenged with the opp, I get bored.
I really have no clue as to how to impact this one at all. This is just a trait that I have to recognize so that when I am asked or I volunteer to do something, I need to look at the longevity of the activity and what the action items are throughout and whether I can sustain the momentum. If not…I will need to say no more often or help until I can’t and then step away. Some instances these actions won’t work, but I do need to just think more ahead and I think that will save me some frustration.
That’s it for today! Only a few more days left! Making any progress? What do you think?
Want to Link up to a New Link Party? Share it Sunday was launched October 20th! Be sure to stop by and Link up your Favorite Posts.
Previous 31 Days to Find My Way Posts:
- 31 Days to Find My Way (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 1: The Challenge (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 2: Its Ok to Ask for Help (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 3: Honest Feedback (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 4: Support System (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 5: Significant Experiences (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 6: Value (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 7: What did I do? (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 8: Characteristics of a Creative Person (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 9: Some Results (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 10: Picking Myself Back Up (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 11: Confidence (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 12: Did it Work? (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 13: Significant Experiences Results (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 14: What I have done for Payment (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 15: Quotes of the Day (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 16: What I have Learned Thus Far (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 17: A Lesson to Learn (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 18: Setting Goals (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 19: Setting My Goals (denisedesigned.com)
- Day 20: Priorities (denisedesigned.com)